Platanos en Tentacion (Temptation Plantains – Baked Sweet Plantains)
This is a wonderfully flavorful and rich dessert. Serve it all by itself, or enjoy it with a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- 4 large very ripe plantains (peeled & cut into ½” slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter (chopped into bits)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and toss them together just until mixed.
- Prepare a 9”x13” baking dish or equivalent by spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the plantain mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until plantains are golden brown and soft.
- Serve tentacion in a custard cup warm with a dollop of whipped cream or use tentacion as a topping over a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream.